Saturday 1 October 2011

well this is a new experience.

This is a completely new experience for me.

I'm using Dragon NaturallySpeaking to update my blog. I'm not typing anything, I'm just using voice commands and speech to update.

Has anybody ever thought about writing and will purely through speech, instead of actually writing?

This is something that might actually be of interest to me this year, as I'd be able to do it in the car instead of having to type everything I think of and having to constantly think about how I'm going to word something. This could be a very handy tool for the novel writing process. It provides plenty of opportunity to speak what the mind is really thinking, instead of having to think about what you're writing and then typing it down.

Has anyone else ever thought of actually speaking their novel, instead of typing gets into a Word document or actually writing it?

I think it does have one downfall. Sometimes with novels, especially the kind of novel that I'm writing, there is a lot of things involved that you don't necessarily want to say out loud, even if nobody is around to hear you speaking. It just seems quite awkward talking about some of the things I want to write about in my novel, even if there is nobody about to hear it.

let me know what you think.

By the way, I haven't really figured out all of the command yet, so please excuse any grammar mistakes or rogue punctuation (or lack thereof) LOL.

(How cute is that? It knows LOL!)

-Panda-

1 comments:

Eryn Kurowski said...

That's pretty cool. I think that would be pretty cool. I just don't know if I could focus long enough to speak my novel because I'm talking to myself and figuring out what people would say.

Post a Comment