Friday 7 October 2011

The Loss of a Great Man, and Awful Dreams.

I'm just going to get straight to the point; when I heard Steve Jobs had died yesterday, I felt really, genuinely sad about it. I'm not overly sure why, I just felt incredibly saddened by the news of his death. I remember watching Apple conferences with my Dad (a huge Apple fan) and watching Steve Jobs wandering about the stage, talking about all of the new exciting pieces of technology being brought to the world in the next year or so.

Nobody can deny that Steve Jobs changed the world. I mean, who goes out nowadays without saying something like "I can't go out without my iPod!"? Even those die-hard Windows fans can't deny that Steve Jobs did so much for technology (my boyfriend is having an affair with Windows 7 - and even he admits that Jobs did a lot for technology). I learnt last night that the Westboro Baptist Church intend on picketing at his funeral. I genuinely hope there are some die-hard Apple fans lingering about to give the WBC a good slap. The best thing is? The WBC updated this on twitter (or facebook.. I can't remember which), and under that update, clear as day, "Updated using iPhone" .... I'm clearly missing something, but I genuinely do hope that there are people attending his funeral that will batter the absolute living shit out of WBC if they decide to be retarded and picket. It's disgusting.

But that's another topic. In short; RIP Steve Jobs. He changed the world, and thanks to his creativity and innovation, Apple will continue to change and update technology in a far more sophisticated manner than Microsoft could dream of.

Anyway, back on subject, I had an absolutely horrific dream last night! I had a dream that I entered my NaNo plot synopsis into a school competition (despite the fact I'm 21, nearly 22, and have been out of school for 5 years..) and I won, I got an awesome certificate and my parents were clapping, tears in their eyes, and I felt awesome. Then November 1st came round and I eagerly started tappy tap tapping away on my keyboard, only to find.... I got completely stuck at a ridiculous 300 words.

Yes, 300 words.


And every single day in November, I opened that Word doc and stared at those 300 words and just could not do anything with it.

It was horrific. I woke up this morning seriously doubting my plot and characters, despite the fact I know they're strong. I now have the insurmountable task of attempting to gain as much faith in my synopsis, plot and characters as I had 7 hours ago before I went to sleep. :(

Anyone else ever had a NaNo dream that really threw them off course? Just out of curiosity..

-Panda-

1 comments:

Catherine said...

"I genuinely do hope that there are people attending his funeral that will batter the absolute living shit out of WBC" <<< 100% agree.

Awww thats a wee sin about your dream haha I'm sure you'll sail past your first 300, 3000, 30,000 words no bother :D

I, on the other hand, keep "developing" my plots and characters beyond recognition now! It's as though my original synopsis doesn't fit anymore :(

Post a Comment