Sunday 9 October 2011

21 days to go (3 weeks)

21 days! :O

3 weeks! I've completely procrastinated for an entire week! Seems like only a few hours ago I was all like "Oh yeah mate I've got like 4 weeks to plan, it's cool". NO!


Arghhhhh.

Okay, so the first thing I wanted to say is that I'm doing NaNoWriMo postcards. If you're participating in NaNo this year and would like a postcard, e-mail me your address to Pandrawr[at]live[dot]com and I'll send you one out! Don't worry, I'm not a mad stalker, if I'm being completely honest, I am FAR too lazy to come and track you down, even if you lived 8 doors up from me I'd still think it a bit too far to walk just to stalk you :P I'm posting across the UK and internationally, anywhere in the world, America, Australia, New Zealand. Norway, wherever you're from, I'm posting there. I've got 5 postcards and a tiny little postcard sitting about doing nothing, so in total 6 people. Obviously if I get more, I can go buy more :)

Anyway. I'm still dilly dallying between 1st and 3rd person for my novel. One of my writing buddies (@Catherine_Noble on Twitter, go follow her, she's awesome!) linked me to a great article, but she also gave me the idea of writing my novel from a few different perspectives... So for instance, one chapter could be from the point of view of my MC, but the next chapter could be the point of view of another important character, for example, Jake's mother. That makes a lot of sense to me. I haven't completely trashed the idea of first/third/first/third yet though...

So yeah, postcards and what person to write my novel in, that's literally about all I have to update about. I think I sorted out pretty much all of my characters, but of course my boyfriend switched my laptop off so I'm kinda hoping that the Dramatica file saved. =/ I'm going to go check that right now. Haha.

-Panda-
x<3x

2 comments:

Lyn Midnight said...

Yeap, I talked to someone about alternating PoV's today and I think it's a good idea, it can be done well. :) Good luck!

Oh, and I'll email you and spread the word about the postcards, you are awesome. ;)

Catherine Noble said...

*Blush* thank you :D

I still haven't decided on my POV. I thought I was all set on Multiple 1st Person Narrators, but I'm swaying towards 3rd noo... I'm hoping that by the time 1st Nov comes round I'll just pick one and get on with it!

I can't believe how quick October is going in... it's alarming!

Post a Comment