Sunday 2 October 2011

28 Days to Go

I finally wrote up the very basics of my main character! And I mean, the VERY basics. But at least I finally have a NAME for him! That makes me so incredibly happy.

So I've been browsing (read: lurking) the NaNoWriMo forums lately, especially the writing buddies/newbies topics, because I'm desperate to find other writers writing ANYTHING along the same lines as me (psychological, thriller, anything mental health related etc) but alas, I've yet to find a single person :( On the one hand, it sucks, because I don't really have anyone I can relate to right now, I don't have someone that can help me or critique. But on the other hand, that must mean that my idea is at least somewhat original and unique, I hope.

Well, nobody else is doing it.....

That's if my idea even all comes together before November 1st. I have my MC lined out and I know him, but I'm not even sure how many other characters I need in total. I haven't even began to think about individual chapter outlines yet.

I feel I'm a little behind, NaNoers. A slight cause for concern, but I'm not going to get too flitzy ditzy about it all just yet....


3 comments:

Anna Scott Graham said...

While my NaNo plot isn't a thriller per se, it is psychological, the effects of torture, literal and figurative. One has been in captivity for eighteen months, basically sleep deprived, the other having to hide his true nature most of his life. I'm really looking forward (in a sick sad sort of way) to exploring this, also contrasting differing types of suffering, not my usual subjects, but NaNo is a great time to stretch wings.

At least you have the character's name! That always makes me feel better, easier to concentrate when someone has an identity.

Catherine Noble said...

It's great that you know your main character; I have a few characters vying for the main position right now, as each subplot starts to become more interesting than my main plot, then vice versa! Your novel sounds very intriguing! Some of my character's mental health comes under fire in my book, but in more of a reactive way as opposed to being clinically mentally ill. I look forward to reading about your progress!

Anonymous said...

While it can be frustrating not to find other writers like you... It's actually a huge blessing. That means they aren't saturating the market. The type of writing you do is timeless. Look at the movies put out in Hollywood and there are tons of them--so that lets you know what you write will sell. Not having a million people in competition is a good thing.

Post a Comment