Friday 30 September 2011

30 Days to Go

30 Days to go. 30.
That's........... 768 hours.

I still have not done ANY character outlines. ANY plot outline. Nothing.

I feel like I am seriously behind.
But I have some pretty good ideas.

Today I went out and bought Sharpies
and A6 coloured pieces of card.
Bright card.

The idea is to type up everything. from character outlines to plots to chapter outlines and everything else,
then write the basics for each and every different thing on different pieces of card
and stick them up on my wall in front of my bed where I write.

That way, it's bright, so it's easy to see
and it keeps me on top of things.


I'm also super excited.
The Glasgow Municipal Liason e-mailed me the recent e-mail for all West of Scotland Nanoers.
There's a kick-off meet-up on the 27th October in Glasgow.
I'm super nervous, but really excited.

Also, I told her I'm extremely enthusiastic to help out with fundraising, NaNo awareness and PR & media. I don't have any experience in the latter, but I've written a ton of promotional articles for other companies, so I don't know if that's any use.... we'll see!

But I really am extremely enthusiastic and eager to get involved ASAP.

Anyone else getting involved with "behind the scenes" NaNo this year?

1 comments:

Eryn Kurowski said...

I totally wish I could. However, the ML has meetings in a town 30 minutes from where I live. Hopefully something for my little town pulls together.

Post a Comment