Sunday 25 September 2011

35 Days To Go

This blog is pretty much dedicated to NaNoWriMo 2011 :)

I originally made a Tumblr blog, but it seems the vast majority of people partaking in NaNo have a blogspot blog, so I decided to come over here instead in order to keep up with how other people are doing!

Okay so... With just over a month left to prepare, this is the extent of my planning so far;

I have a list of possible titles, and a list of possible character names.

Yep. That's it. No outline, no character descriptions, no definitive plot, nothing. So, I should probably get my ass into gear, for lack of better words.

I am, what most would call, a "pantser". I really do write by the seat of my pants. I'm the most disorganised person I've ever met.

But for my first NaNo, I want to organise it. I want to organise SOMETHING in my life, for once. I want everything to have it's own designated piece of paper, it's own thorough outline as to what is supposed to happen, when, why, and how.

But that's easier said than done. Like my blog title says; I'm just your average procrastinating author...

I would love to find some buddies to cheer me on. Of course, I'll do the same back. That's the whole point of this blog; to keep up with other people and how they're coming along, and for them to (hopefully) return the favour.

I was given a good piece of advice last night though on Twitter; "Don't use the blog as a reason to procrastinate, because in the last week or so of NaNo, you will want to find any reason at all not to write another 2000 words a day".

I'm determined not to do that.

So yeah, I'm going to go find people I can add to my list of followers on here.

If anyone has Twitter, my name is @Pandrawr

Take care! <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment